Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wednesday

My elbow hurts. Hit it some kinda way last night taking a clothes line from Mark Jacobs in a short match with him. Kicked me around most of the time and had to get the win with a cheap shot to my nuggets, but the experience was good at least. Last night was also a treat as we got a visit from Kong, who is up from Houston.

Kong was an XCW guy back in the day and is held in very high esteem by everyone I have heard talk about him. He seems very knowledgeable about what we do so it was good to get his feedback. I have been training for five months as of today. Doesn’t seem like that long, but maybe that’s a psychological thing based on realizing how much stuff I still have to learn and be trained at doing before I am ring ready. I wish I was farther along but it is what it is, when it is so you just have to keep on plugging away.

This weeks show should be a good one from looking at the card. Drunk Adam will be back so that could bring in some more people. A new female wrestler is debuting and another XCW guy from back in the day is coming through. Should be interesting to see.

On the TV front, I still hate ROH being on Monday, god do I ever. But I was pleased with this weeks show and the match between the Briscoes/Steenerico. I would have liked to have seen a finish, but they have had tons of matches over the years I can see. The Wolves came out and attacked both teams for a DQ. What I am waiting to see is Briscoes/Wolves. Now that could potentially be awesome. I just love ROH’s tag team scene right now. And tam team wrestling is one of the few things TNA does right.

XCW needs more teams. We have the Dark Circle who have the tag belts, and that’s it as far as tag team mainstays, I’m a big supporter of tag teams and want to see it thrive…hopefully it will in the future.

I need a speedy sidekick or to be the sidekick of a speedy veteran I think and then we could have a MCMG-like team….or maybe just a big guy and we can have the make up of the old Hart Foundation with Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart, or LAX (if you want to get more modern) that could be cool as well.

Ah, wishful thinking.On a musical front...listening to Kittie's new album and I have to say it's a good one. Not all the songs are winners, I mean you rarely have any CD where you like 100% of every track, but I am digging what I hear so far. Can't wait to purchase it and for the girls to get their asses back to the DFW area so I can see em in concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment