Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wednesday.....tired day

Been a while since I have blogged it seems. Life, kids and things like work just catch up with you. Trained last night. Ran through our drill and then we talked. Me, Bobby and Nite. Talked about in ring stuff. What you can do, what you can’t do, what wrestling is about at its core. Time passed on that, a lot of time, I could have listened longer as as much as you learn, drills you go through, work outs you do, sitting down and talking about things is good too. It helps to check to see if things are sinking in, that you are really comprehending the physical and mental part of what we are trying to do. It’s very much like schools today where you want to get away from just the memorization and regurgitation of said memorized material. It doesn’t like you be natural. It doesn’t let you be creative and to take full advantage of things offered to you in the ring.

Very interesting.

The show this week finds XCW back in Decatur in Reuben’s ballroom. First Saturday show in a while. Moved from Friday’s so football wouldn’t be kicking our ass as far as attendance goes. God, Texans and high school football…really people, it’s sickening.

It also marks the revival of PCW out of Arlington. So a lot of our usual heavy hitters are landing over there. Never been to a PCW show, seems like they are packed from what I see on youtube videos of old matches from years ago, I dunno. Competition for talent could be interesting that’s for certain. But it also opens spots for up and comers like myself. Least I think it could.

Other than that, my little high yellow Envi has been sick. The air up here keeps here sick and with weather changing like it does, she stays sick. Not fun.

Older bro is going to Kuwait sometime in November, not sure when but I will ideally get up there to see him. Have to by hook or crook, I haven’t seen him in a couple years before he went to Korea for the military so I can’t miss a chance to see him before going off over there for god knows how long and worrying the shit out of me. But that’s his job, and we all have em to do.

Oh, and I am tired. But I do have leftover lasagna Mrs. Envi made last night and that’s a bright spot to look forward to for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment