Friday, August 7, 2009

Ouch...

So my shoulder hurts. Just when it started to feel a lot better from when the elbow shot I threw in training tweaked it. I was taking a big boot from Bobby and landed awkwardly on my shoulder on the mat. The boot looked good, didn't feel good though. It's just one of those things that happens...not good. I really could have prevented it in hindsight though. I will from now on though. Another thing my lil ass will be doing from now on is running. We were working on some chain wrestling earlier on in the session last night and Eddie said it was OK other than the fact we were both kinda sucking wind. Not to mention we kept going back to the same well. I will say some of that is on me, as I got into some positions and some holds in on Bobby and I'd be sitting there like, OK where the hell can I go from here.

It's a matter of watching more tapes, dvds, etc. to see what people are doing in their matches when it comes to chain wrestling. I picked up one thing I did from a recent ROH match I watched with Kenny Omega and a different way to put a rolling wrist lock on someone. Also youtubing today showed me something for a possible wrist lock counter when someone has you in one. Eddie said he can teach me to wrestle and how to put a match together but for the more high flying type of stuff I need to get in the ear of the people who do it like James Johnson, Gemini, JT Lamotta. So I will endeavor to do that more as well.

Worked on headscissors take downs a lot. A lot. That was another kick in the pants that says I need to run more. Not only saying I need to run, but getting off my ass and doing it because I was tired doing the head scissors and it was evident the more we ran through the moves and that was not cool at all. I don't want to be in a match 12, 13 minutes in whatever and I could lock it up with a dazzling headscissor move and be too tired to do it, or anything else. Gotta be in better shape and better shape than anyone I am in the ring with.

My Dad is coming in tomorrow which is definitely cool having him here spending time with the boys as he has not seen them in a long ass time. He and my high yellow Envi got along well when we went out there so it will be cool for him to see her as well and vice versa. Looking at doing some golfing/go-carting. Dad is cool as he is supportive and it is definitely a pleasant change to have at least one of your parents behind you.

Still waiting on getting my ticket to Summerfest. If you don't know Jeremy Piven guest hosted Raw this past Monday turning it into one of the crappiest broadcasts ever, not that I fault him 100% it's Vince's same tired bullshit. Well Piven was cutting a promo on Miz and called Summerslam, Summerfest. It was funny and sad at the same time. Just one of the many things like the same tired ass matches on Raw that make it a pain to watch.

Usually ECW lifts my spirits and washes the taste of Raw out of my mouth, but this week...they open with an overly long skit with Abraham Washington, Shelton Benjamin and Zack Ryder. I love Shelton and Zack but having them in that segment was painful. Washington's skits are boring and pointless. Apparently the crowd chanting their disapproval was edited out. You can't pull dumb shit in NY, you just can't. TNA featured a long ass brawl in the middle of its show I have not seen yet, but by all accounts I have read it was contrived and stupid. It's TNA so no surprise there. But there is a women's tag match I am looking forward to. And Smackdown is tonight and usually great and of course ROH is tomorrow along with live XCW wrestling.

Bobby is back in action again which I am looking forward to seeing, and of course all the other guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment