Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tuesday...oh and the American Dragon signed with the 'E.

Tuesday…training day…always a good thing.

It’s been a minute since I blogged so I wanted to catch up on what I thought was a big deal in the wrestling world, the signing of American Dragon Bryan Danielson to the ‘E. Danielson is one of the best wrestlers in the world. Period. Anyone who can say anything negative about his in-ring skill is smoking something fierce. That being said he doesn’t fit the look of the typical guys Vince goes after so I wonder about the logic in it. Danielson is not the most charismatic guys when it comes to the mic, so a place on Raw is not in his future nor should it be. He needs to be on the shows that’s till care about wrestling in Vince land, Smackdown and WWECW. I hope they don’t have him languish in Florida forever. He should get called up right now and go right into a feud with Regal. Their matches could be epic.

There are a lot of dream match ups now that he has signed….Regal..Christian…JoMo…Punk…Finlay…Kidd…all of those could tear the house down. Will he make it though? How will he be used? As the best in the world or jobbed out all to hell? There’s a lot of talk on the Internets about this, some saying he should do it, some saying he won’t. But hey if they guy is given a shot, why not take it? Punk made it from ROH, Bourne is making it (though he has been hit/miss lately with booking) Cabana was never even given a shot…so who knows…but this is Dragon. The guy is good, Benoit good, and that could make him.

XCW was in Pilot Point last Saturday and Decatur this Friday. Decatur shows are getting bigger it seems and more lively. Pilot Point shows are hit or miss. Sometimes you have a good crowd and other times you don’t. Last weekends show was a bit of both, the people were hott for a few matches and quiet in others. I swear if Mrs. Envi didn’t get some chants going, they wouldn’t get done. I dug the Eddie/Johnson match as I am of course an Eddie fan and Johnson is my size, (well I think he is a bit meatier than me) so I pay attention to how he carries himself in his matches.

I am looking forward especially to the Denton show that is coming up. Nite said they drew a huge crowd last time they did an outdoor free show like this and I think the crowd could be as big and will provide a lively sort of atmosphere. I am wondering though what matches will be booked. I assume the familiar faces in Denton will get on there and…hmmm I really don’t know who else…we will all see together….

No comments:

Post a Comment