Friday, June 12, 2009

Training 6/11/09

Ah, another day of training has came and went.

Last night was cool as I went over a couple ways to take a wrist lock. I had gone over them before but was having some brain fartage last night. I will say I think part of it was from extra people there. Also there last night were Big Sed (current XCW wrestler), Sid Murder and Mad Dog. Sid I know has wrestled for XCW before, not entirely sure about Mad Dog. But they have wrestled for the company I want to wrestle for at the end of this, so there was an early intimidation on my part because they had done it already, you know? But even then, they were learning as well, there were fundamental things they needed to tweak as well as the fundamental things I have been learning. So that made it better for me. I just need to block things out, not give a fuck about what others think when they see me and I will be better off. I am going to have to learn to block shit out anyways to an extent I would imagine when I get in the ring for matches. So I need to start it now. I already know I am an uncaring prick when it comes to what people think of me out and about in my daily life, I just need to translate that to my work in the ring.

Let it just be me and my trainer.

We did more freestyling last night. More work on cardio, which I am loving still. We started in referee's position on the mat, one person on offense, one of defense and you go for two minutes. Good stuff. Mad Dog and Sid need some cardio work, that's for sure. And me, I was matched up with Sed. Sed kinda scoffed or chuckled at that as he was stepping in the ring. Me I just saw someone to take down. I have said before I like working with people of different sizes to teach myself how to adjust to the height, weight, power and agility of the person I am going against. Eddie later said he wanted to put me against Sed as I will be going against a lot of guys who are bigger than me and he doesn't want me to be intimidated, "not that I think you are intimidated" he said.

Good save Eddie. Lol.

When I was on the defensive, Sed pinned me one time. The other time, while it looked like he did from his sheer mass, Nite could see that I was bridging with my neck and I was off my back. When I was on the offensive, I nearly took Sed over a few times. One of those times, only the fact that we were in the ropes saved him. Sed had to resort to holding on to my shorts and then my shirt as time was winding down on our round.

I was winded, but felt good taking it to him like that. It's all about leverage really. Also knowing where to jam your head and when to push helps to. I'm a little guy but people need to and will learn that I'm a powerful one in my own right.

Lesson learned. If not, we can go next week and I hope we do, and they will see.

Besides, Eddie and I have a score to settle.

No comments:

Post a Comment