Sunday, June 14, 2009

Wrestling...TV and live......

Sunday is catch up time for wrestling on my DVR. Ring of Honor and the crapstorm that is TNA Impact. ROH was good with matches from Steenerico and a good main event of Chris Hero against Jerry Lynn. Jimmy Rave squashing Grizzly Redwood did nothing for me.

Impact started off with more stuff I hate like Jeff Jarrett featured in the spotlight. I didn't care for him in WWF, WCW and don't much care for him now. I want TNA's guys to be featured, but alas. They're having a first blood match on TV...sorry a nation of violence first blood match which completely makes it super awesome. God TNA and their need to make these crazy ass gimmick matches is nauseating.

Last night was another good night of wrestling Pilot Point, TX with XCW...granted it was a hot, hot ass night. I for one will be glad once we get the a/c working or figure out someway to get some more cool air flowing in there. The ring area was cooler than the locker room though.

The action in the ring was great topped off with a main event match of Tim Storm and Masada. I was looking forward to that match in particular as I figured it to be a hard-hitting brawl. There was a lot more technicality to it. I talked to Misada after the match and he mentioned the stigma hardcore wrestlers have, that they can't wrestle. But he disproved that.

Other matches had his running buddy Showtime Scot Summers against Apoc, another good match.

A lot of Robert Evans on this show which was great. I love his promos, his antics and his matches. The guy is entertaining as can be.

Guys like that I can't wait to get in the ring with, Evans, Kevin Douglas, Joey, Scott even Hugh. I moved Sed in training I can try my hand with Hugh.

Big or small I will take them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment