Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Training last night...

Training continues and got some extra sprinkles of awesome last night as my trainer switched to former WWE developmental wrestler, Eddie Craven.

Awesome.

Warm ups will be a little different as Eddie's thing is keeping legs strong and doing a lot of squats.
A lot.

Did a lot more bumping last night. A whole lot more. So i am a little bit sore this morning. My rope running was awesome on like one side of the ring and then it would fuck up on the other side of the ring.

Odd.

I was getting frustrated with myself as I wanted to do better but Eddie explained, as did Nite and Steph on the way home that I of course am not going to be perfect at this starting out of the gate. I am going to suck at doing some stuff as I learn it.

Eddie said at one point, "where have you been...nowhere. What do you know....nothing."And that is true. I need to not think about shit so much and just let things flow and just do them, listen to their pointers, get up, try do it better the next time.

Wrestled freestyle with Eddie for six minutes at two-minute rounds. Awesome. Granted he got the better of me a bit as he is a lot taller and bigger than me and I was a bit winded, and hadn't done that in years, but damn it was fun. Reminded me why I loved wrestling in high school. Although maybe I should have thought better of trying to gator roll Eddie. I did it, but it took some doing to accomplish it, lol.

Eddie asked me if I had any questions which I told him, given where he has been I have a bunch of fanboy geeky ass questions from a guy who's wrestled Rey, Punk and the like and rubbed shoulders with all those guys. But I am not going to hit him with all those at once. Have some other questions pertaining to moves and stuff but I can get to those in time.All in all it was just cool. To be trained by him, in the ring with him, just cool. Looking forward to more and to getting better from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment