Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday...finally

My wrist is sore. Not outright, but if I tried to screw in a lightbulb, I'd be in a little bit of pain. Dunno what I did to it, but I felt it later. Things like that happen. I won't bitch, moan or complain about them as a part of this biz is taking a little bit of punishment. I wonder what my limit in that regard will be.

Ah well....

training continues...more learning, more work on some drills that are to help conditioning and being conditioned for athletic stuff varies with the activity. I imagine football players are in shape, but a different kind of shape then basketball players or hockey players or baseball players. Hell are baseball players even in any kind of shape? A good chunk of their gamers are spent just standing in the outfield or sitting on their ass in the dugout. They just don't really strike me as the most athletically inclined individuals. I am sure they would disagree with me, but ah well.

More work with the giant.
Wow.
Now I know I will be coming out of the gate as the smallest guy on the XCW roster and likely the majority of cards I wrestle on over the years, but I try to not let that enter my mind. David felled Goliath, so in those cases I just have to think of what would be the best sort of strategy...well besides, don't let myself be caught and broke in half. It goes back to my desire to be in better shape, better conditioned than the people in am in the ring against regardless of size. They can tire and pant and all that and they can make a mistake and I can win. That's my goal.

I'll have my sons with me next weekend so they will be able to see me training that next Tuesday, which will cool as they are one of the reasons I am doing this as I know they will get a kick out of seeing me in there. Their first reactions will be interesting to see.

Saturday brings good tidings of XCW wrestling and ROH wrestling. I can't wait to see ROH live. And it will be on soon as we have already discussed and I have gotten the OK from Mrs. Envi to begin looking at Wrestlemania 26 from Phoenix next year. I shit on Vince and the WWE a lot, but there are things they do actually do right and Wrestlemania for the most part, is one of them. It's the Super Bowl of wrestling. Always said before I kick, I'd like to go to Wrestlemania...go and have a good seat, not just go and be in the cheapseats.

And seeing ROH live will be nice. They have a supercard they have been running in recent years the weekend of WM in the locations WM has been. Houston's card featured a KENTA/Davey Richards match which was awesome to see. Hoping for KENTA appearence at the show next year.

It will make for a fun, expensive, but fun, vacation sort of trip for the family. And the Mrs. and I would take our trip later on in the year. Works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment