Saturday, July 18, 2009

Thursday & Saturday in one post...I am talented...

Thursday was more training of course. The opening drill we have to do I think we are getting better at doing and once we do, we can get more out of it, cardio wise as it is designed to blow you up a bit. Eddie started having me jump up on the top rope, which was new and different and something I will have to get used to. I need to get some wrestling shoes as that is what I intend to wrestle in, but getting used to and comfortable on the ropes I need to be doing that in the footwear I will wear in a match. We did some more moves, I learned what it took to give a backbreaker and what it felt like to receive one, so I will definitely be on the look out in matches to avoid them being put on me.

Also were talking moves and our arsenal. Eddie was telling Bobby and I both that we needed a handful of things we wanted to have for our arsenal to pull out in matches. For resumes you spotlight the best attributes and in the world of wrestling moves should be the same. Well sort of. Of course I have a short list of things I would like to do...implant ddt, basaiku knee, sole food, cross arm lungblower and the friggan submission move I can't think of what it's called. I don't know what my finisher will be..I want it to be something practical and something I can do, but I am not sure what. We spent a load of time thinking through and working on finishers for Bobby to use...as the one we had in mind, another guy who wrestles for XCW, he uses it. It's not really known to the common fan that it's his thing, so I dunno...I feel we could use it....but what do I know right?

I thought Bobby was still a few weeks away from getting back in the ring, but he opened the show tonight against the veteran Kit Carson. I was geeked to see him on the card and see him in the ring. He and his fam had just been at the house Friday night. Mrs. Envi cooked and I had my sons with me, good times. But it was cool to see him wrestling. The match was OK, there were some things to be worked on, but that's the way it goes...I am sure mine will have a laundry list of things I will have to improve on....but it's just what you have to do on your way to being one of the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment