Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Bruises

I have some fresh ones courtesy of learning what it is like to have someone whip you to the corner. Ouch. With every move, there is a certain way you need to hit things, that while they will hurt and wear you down, they won't do worse damage, my neck will love me once I get the corner turnbuckle thing down a lot better I am sure.

I was sucking wind early last night too, that was not good. I can't be in better shape then people I go up against doing that. I got off my shit on my vacation and really should not have done that. But live and learn right? Every extra bit of hurt is teaching me something, how to land and how not to land or execute certain moves.

Had another blast from XCW's past there last night. Bobby. Didn't catch his last name. Big guy. Six foot something. I took bodyslams from him and that was a long way to fall let me tell you. I can't imagine backdrops from the guy, well I can and .... ow....he was cool though, down to earth guy who got out of wrestling for a long while and is getting back into it. He had a few pieces of advice to help me with the corner turnbuckle thing that I believe helped me a bit.

Talked some wrestling and the mental stuff behind me being a small guy going after Bobby, david v. goliath sort of thing. Nite also pointed out it would likely be ten times harder for me to get work than it would be for Bobby as he is a huge guy and seems to actually be able to wrestle. I don't worry about that. I know I will get work after getting better and better and showing what I can do in XCW. I have seen plenty of promotions out there that have smaller guys. The top guy at a PA promotion is my size. Makes me want to see if I can get booked with them some day as there are two guys on their roster I want to wrestle and see if they can go.

It's just a matter of being able to work and I will work hard to learn and be able to work alongside the best of them.

Also just need to go at it a bit harder. Train hard, play hard sort of thing and as I have most of the motions down for the moves I need to put more force into it, no one will be tiptoeing in matches with me, so I shouldn't do it in training, so I will fix that.

July 16 will mark my third month of training, I thought I had done it longer, but I am actually glad it's only three as I have plenty of time left to hit my goal of wrestling before the year is out.
Will be picking up some elbow pads this week...knee pads too maybe if I can find them. I didn't burn my elbows bad last night and only burned one for that matter so that's a plus although my bumps were kinda crappy and drop downs needed work simply because I was sucking wind, but as I said earlier I will get better with those and keep myself in good shape from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment